Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sociosyllabusnotfinishing :/

I don't feel prepared for mocks. Should I? I mean, they're mocks. How is anyone supposed to take a set of exams seriously if you just go ahead and call them 'mocks'

Who was that genius anyway?

Khair. It's really hot today. Stuff that has happened lately includes me 'broadening my horizons' music-wise (Well, trying to. Whatever. Sorry love, another story for another day.) discovering a brilliant book on the French Revolution (written by a guy called H L Peacock. I kid you not) Skipping bits and pieces of school.

And the Karachi Literature Festival which could have been better but really wasn't bad. Good writers, a few compelling speakers, genuinely interesting talks. I loved sitting there and looking at the people. The educated elite who of course had to be there, the (sadly) smaller groups of students who came in a for a talk or two, the men who looked like they had come straight from work in order to listen to what Muhammad Hanif had to say.

And I met Sadia Shepard which I was quite excited about.

I still don't get why Mohsin Hamid is such a big deal though.

I bought no less than twelve books from Sunday bazaar last week. Add that to five books sitting on my bedside table and you know I haven't been reading at all. My copy of The Great Gatsby is laughing at me as I type.

No comments:

Post a Comment