When I saw her later I couldn't quite believe it was her. She was wearing far too much eye makeup for one thing and it made her look gaudy. When she was on stage, the make up wasn't even noticeable because her eyes were distracting, sparkling wickedly whenever she made the audience laugh. Her clothes had seemed alright on stage too but they didn't make sense now. All that unnecessary glitter. I noted that she had lines on her face that makeup couldn't hide, her hair was a mess which is funny because I swear, it had seemed fine when she was performing.
She sipped her coffee, completely unaware that I was looking at her. No less than ten minutes ago she had been full of energy. She had stood on stage, used her hands a lot and successfully held an audience's interest for a whole hour. Hell, she had made them laugh almost non stop for a whole hour. Not an easy feat.
She was just a performer and was bound to do normal things like sit alone, drink coffee and look tired afterwards. But there was still something oddly sad about the whole thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment