I know what you're going through. The truth is alot of kids are in class to score the grades, not satiate their mental curiosity. It's sad, but it's life.
I think you'd have liked History classes in our 'community' :P
Not so much because of the kids, really. More so because our teacher insists on imparting knowledge. Which is why I loved his classes so much, but at the end of the day, everybody does want to 'get the grade' and I don't think he really helped us do that. =/
BTW, just curious, which is one of the best books written by someone living in our own country? :)
I actually have that book....and it's autographed by him. In the inscription he talks in detail about what a charming and brilliant blogger I am. Naturally, He's the most honest person I've ever met.
I know what you're going through. The truth is alot of kids are in class to score the grades, not satiate their mental curiosity. It's sad, but it's life.
ReplyDeleteI think you'd have liked History classes in our 'community' :P
ReplyDeleteNot so much because of the kids, really. More so because our teacher insists on imparting knowledge. Which is why I loved his classes so much, but at the end of the day, everybody does want to 'get the grade' and I don't think he really helped us do that. =/
BTW, just curious, which is one of the best books written by someone living in our own country? :)
'A Case of Exploding Mangoes' by Muhammad Hanif. It's brilliant =)
ReplyDeleteI've heard a lot about said History classes, he's suuposed to be a really knowledgeable guy
I actually have that book....and it's autographed by him. In the inscription he talks in detail about what a charming and brilliant blogger I am. Naturally, He's the most honest person I've ever met.
ReplyDeleteHahaha THAT, I've read. I met Muhammad Hanif at this literatures festival, he's really cool.
ReplyDeleteReally knowledgeable is an understatement, he knows EVERYYYYYTHING.
Hahahahaha. Naturally =P
ReplyDeleteHe is really cool, i met him there too :)
Mohsin Hamid is so much better than Mohammad Hanif.
ReplyDeleteAND. I just noticed that the best male writers of this country share initials. Now, I know what kind of names I'll have for my male kids.