Monday, September 12, 2011

And so here I am.

It's funny being here. Maybe because I was so convinced that this is not where I'd end up or maybe because there's no time to adjust really, honestly it happens all by itself and bam suddenly it's like you've been doing it all your life which is sortofexhilaratingsortofdepressing in a way I can't place.

I'm excited about it though, don't get me wrong. Pretty campus, good people. And I realize of course that typical situations are everywhere and it's what you make of them that proves whether or not you are typical.

LUMS is such a mix of things, of people. Girls that stumble over three syllable English words and chatter away in Punjabi rooming with Karachi 'elite' girls in jeans and tank tops. It takes all kinds. I like the variety. I have yet to form a solid opinion about anything except maybe the womens gym which sucks. But hey, give it time.

6 comments:

  1. At least you're so optimistic about everything here. I'm still so despondent. I'm still hard to accept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what would be a good way to do that, but let's go with the good ol' facebook-inbox-me way.
    https://www.facebook.com/mehwish.zuberi

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your blog.
    good luck with college :)

    ReplyDelete