Too much to say, too much to say, too much to say.
I always thought I was smart enough not to believe but now I've realized it's always better to take a side and be stupid about it. To argue it till the blood goes to your head. To whisper it. To dream it. To believe it. I just need to find my truth. Find the thing I should foolishly cling to.
I'm going to watch their love story unravel before my eyes, weep for them a little and then tell it to the world.
Three panelists talking about post oriental Islam. All old men (why always old men?) Hoodbhoy is on a roll tonight. There's applause whenever he bangs his fist on the table. 'Communicate' That's all they want from us. 'Tell people that secularism does not mean anti-religion' Endless applause. A whisper of revolution, even. 'Communication' a boy sitting near me is done clapping 'Who will listen?' He reaches for his bag and I see a tattoo. I wonder if his parents know.
Malcolm Gladwell has changed my world and now I want to be an Outlier too.
He sang for me. Some toned down version of a Maroon 5 song and my day went from terrible to less. Walking back to the campus at one am we talked about the sheer arrogance that comes with assuming how special we are. 'But of course' He said, dropping me to the hostel 'We will always will think so'
Of course we will.
I always thought I was smart enough not to believe but now I've realized it's always better to take a side and be stupid about it. To argue it till the blood goes to your head. To whisper it. To dream it. To believe it. I just need to find my truth. Find the thing I should foolishly cling to.
I'm going to watch their love story unravel before my eyes, weep for them a little and then tell it to the world.
Three panelists talking about post oriental Islam. All old men (why always old men?) Hoodbhoy is on a roll tonight. There's applause whenever he bangs his fist on the table. 'Communicate' That's all they want from us. 'Tell people that secularism does not mean anti-religion' Endless applause. A whisper of revolution, even. 'Communication' a boy sitting near me is done clapping 'Who will listen?' He reaches for his bag and I see a tattoo. I wonder if his parents know.
Malcolm Gladwell has changed my world and now I want to be an Outlier too.
He sang for me. Some toned down version of a Maroon 5 song and my day went from terrible to less. Walking back to the campus at one am we talked about the sheer arrogance that comes with assuming how special we are. 'But of course' He said, dropping me to the hostel 'We will always will think so'
Of course we will.
Gladwell changed my life too, along with Ayn Rand and Nasim Nicholas Taleb (of The Black Swan fame; not the movie, the book). Ive read his Tipping Pt and Blink. Will read Outliers someday.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely want to read Taleb. Rand doesn't do much for me really.
ReplyDelete